Providing Better Care with Pet Surgery
In the event that your pet needs an elective or emergency surgery, the Veterinary Medical Center of St. Lucie County is poised and prepared to help. As part of our dedication to excellent service and outstanding care, our team members adopt Fear Free techniques to keep our patients feeling calm and secure. We also create custom plans for anesthesia and medication to keep pets as safe as possible during their surgery.
Your Pet is Safe with Us
Please talk to us if you have any concerns or questions about your pet’s surgery—we look forward to putting you at ease. Know that your pet will never be alone at any point before, during, or after their surgery. A small dedicated team will be responsible for their care and safety at all times!
- Before surgery, we examine your pet and review their medical history before taking the next step. We may also recommend blood work to screen for possible health problems.
- During surgery, your pet is connected to an IV catheter and various state-of-the-art monitoring systems. This makes it easier for our team to keep an eye on your pet’s condition.
- We use heated tables and warm blankets to prevent your pet’s body temperature from dropping.
- We watch over your pet as they are waking up and make sure they can walk, eat, drink, and go to the bathroom on their own without difficulty before going home.
what can I say they are the best, friendly and really do care about you babies thank you
- Judy R.
Great Veterinary office! The staff is very caring and friendly. I highly recommend them!
- Nancy S.
The staff is outstanding, the pricing is more than fair & both of my dogs love going there!
- Jennifer P.
Awesome place, very caring staff, open 24 hours a day for emergency, they also do boarding.
- Carol D.
Friendly and caring. They took care of my fur baby efficiently and quickly.
- Kristin G.
The Doctor and staff were a pleasure to deal with during our pets injury. I highly recommend their ER
- Ted B.
Very caring and pleasant staff. The Doctor called to give update on our little girl while she was there.
- Gerri H.
Surgical Services We Offer
Our South Florida veterinarians perform a variety of soft tissue surgeries throughout the day, in addition to emergency surgeries:
- Spays and neuters
- Laceration repairs
- Tumor removals
- GDV (bloat) surgery
- Pyometra surgery
- Repair of urinary tract blockage
Pain Relief for Your Pet
Keeping your pet as pain-free as possible after their surgery is one of our highest priorities. Pain can interfere with their recovery or prevent proper recovery altogether. Needless to say, your pet deserves to be comfortable. If needed, we provide pain relief to our patients at different stages of their surgery to ensure more prolonged relief afterward. We can also send your pet home with pain medication if we think it might be needed.